Skip to main content

Abolish Slavery! You can help!

Slavery is such a horrible thing and it is very hard to believe that it still exists. Many slaves are children, and will forever be forced to work in horrible conditions. That is why I created a semi easy way to help abolish slavery. Print out the form below (double sided) and put it on people's mailboxes or under their door mat. DON'T put them in the mailboxes because that is illegal. Fill in your name where it says name, and start printing, posting, and possibilities are endless.
Please DO NOT buy  from Hershey this Halloween.
Hi there!
        My name is name and I am your neighbor. You many know me becausebla bla bla I am a blank grader at school and I like to be worldly aware. I heard that Hersey's chocolate is made with child labor. I try not to consume this candy because it is made by child slaves. These children never go to school, have only tattered clothes, and are paid in food. Many have not even tasted chocolate!
Please read this article from http://grist.org
 About half of the chocolate eaten in the U.S. comes from the Ivory Coast, where documented instances of forced child labor on cocoa farms persist despite a decade of pressure on chocolate companies to implement better oversight. And because corporations like Hershey’s(which has recently been found to be exploiting workers here in the U.S., too) and Cadbury manufacture their products using beans from all over the world that get mixed together, it’s highly likely that any chocolate bar you unwrap is made with at least some cacao grown by underage workers with little in the way of rights or compensation.  


Chocolates that say Fair Trade are not made in this horrible way, but are more expensive. Here are some alternative suggestions

a. use up all of the candy you have in your house that is not fair trade
b. Buy different candy that is not Hershey's
c. Give out toys instead of candy
d. Spread the word about Hershey's

If you have any questions, e-mail me at email Thank you so much for you support!
 I am doing this because I feel strongly about this issue. It is not for school.


Here are some websites to get you started

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taron Hensley is a Pedophile.

Nine months later I emerge with the hopes of being vaccinated soon. FUcking hell. What a trip. This pandemic is going to require a lot of processing in the future but for now, I want to share and record some things I am very proud that I accomplished over this period of time. I was able to help start and run a campaign to eventually get my high school drama teacher who spread the rumor that I called the cops at a cast party which ruined my social life at that school while stalking me and my friends and constantly trying to get me in compromising and damn disgusting and gross situations. His charm to his superiors and the gaslighting and abuse of students has been heavily weighing on me in a way I have yet to fully deal with. I spoke out in high school and was silenced, threatened, and made to feel unwelcome. Yet the internet and living in a whole separate continent does wonders for confidence. I helped create a petition, gathered testimonies, and launched this campaign with my friends

Rainy Night Writing

There is something quite different about writing when it is raining outside than when it isn't. I despise my frozen toes and fingers, yet I love drinking chocolate almond milk with banana bread. It seems almost enchanting, like creativity is plopping on your rooftop. Writing in the rain, so odd. Writing in the rain It is like laughing during a thunder cloud, in perfect harmony with nature, rhyming and paralleling the weather, writing in the rain, creativity pours from you, as you hear the pitter patter, you wonder where the drops will all go, writing in the rain, a clean slate to begin again, a downpour of ideas, soon to come again, I love writing in the rain.

Outfits of Late Winter, and Early Spring

I hope you liked them!