Skip to main content

India Part 3

Hello!!!

It has been about two months now since I went on my AWESOME trip to India. And I think it has really reinforced my purpose. I want to change the world for sure. I have know this when I started my blog, and I really know it know. Here is a song about that.

So here are the pictures:

A building along the wall of the Kumblagarh fort

Goats!!!


 I freaked everyone out telling them that goats have rectangular pupils. Thanks national geographic kids!






 This place was awesome and ancient

 Look at those gorgeous clouds


 A coconut!



 The root had split the rock in half! Nature sure is powerful
 Bugs!!!
 My outfit
 We got to see a woman of the village cooking. It was awesome being in her house watching her. Mind you it was quite dark, this was taken with flash, and the sides of the walls were dripping water because the roof was made of sticks. When we asked her if she liked her life she said she was very happy to teach us how to make chapati because we didn't know how to do it. She seemed so so happy, even though she didn't even know her age. See her smiling. Really puts things in perspective huh?


 We got to try as well!
 My edits



 The car drive
































 Then we got to do "tie and dye" Traditional Rajasthani tie dying. I was really happy because the cloth was cotton not silk.















The dyes were made of turmeric, beet, and sapphire! How cool is that?


And block printing!




Then we got to watch Traditional Rajasthani dancers






 My outfit!



A curtain!!!
The food was AWESOME . Mangos and Choles every day. Yes please




When we would drive down to the village where we built, I would see so much trash. It was really devastating. Pigs lived in this mush and the saddest part is that this trash won't decompose because most of it is plastic. This plastic gets eaten by the village livestock (I saw a cow eating a piece of paper) and the trash pollutes the water as you can see in the pictures.





There was a mixture between old and new everywhere you looked! And tons of cement ads.




"Trash river"


The landscape was out of this world goreous





Construction! It kinda looks like pick up sticks from this angle.
On the back of trucks, it would read "blow horn" or "honk please". What I found interesting about this whole affair was that in the US we honk when we are angry but in India, you honk for courtesy, to let someone know that you are coming, as to make them aware. Like when I bike ride and someones says "on your left."
The cars were also beautifully painted!




This is me at the build site!!! We were digging up dirt to fill a pit that would become a health center!


It was raining and it felt so nice!
This was outside our hotel door!
The rain did a number on some rooms.
My view

Sometimes we forgot the key so we went through the window







Our main mode of transportation. The bus drivers were awesome






Ready to start working!


I saw my first camel!!!

LOOK AT THAT SO PRETTY!

The swopping and dipping architecture represented the lotus flower which is very symbolic in India.



Ta da! At the Udaipur palace!
Feet!


Trash. Everywhere. We must be mindful
Gorgeous vast lake. Udipur is called the city of lakes.

The white floating hotel.




I loved this sign so much. So true in so many ways besides ducking.
The buildings were stunning!


This was a piece used in a wedding and I picked up that the royal family enlarged it and usually people carry it, but the royal family made it larger because why not?

Ganesh!
The sun! During the monsoon season people wanted to see the sun to pray to it, so they asked the king to bring back the sun so he did, and it is at the entrance of the palace for all to see during the monsoon season.
Roofs!

Floors for traction
These spikes were so that the elephants wouldn't bang down the doors. The spikes would hit their heads. :(


The streets. Filled with murals and no sidewalks
"Delete ur stress"
"Holy city watching 24/7"

So many different chips to choose from! My favorite was masala
The lake
Coconut
Water bottle




Colored powder in the streets
=

Awesome restaurant we went to twice


Favorite stairs ever

Pineapple juice!
They were so awesome and made me a vegan meal!


I find this sign funny. Thanks to the chair.
Probably says art fact, looks like art fart
The streets!
Windows
Smile!
SO PRETTY

Snoppy says hi

Feet!







We did laundry and I wanted to document it






Then we moved to a different lodging which was araveli. So pretty and wonderful.




My work boots




To be continued!!!!!

Much love and happy adventures,

Hannah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taron Hensley is a Pedophile.

Nine months later I emerge with the hopes of being vaccinated soon. FUcking hell. What a trip. This pandemic is going to require a lot of processing in the future but for now, I want to share and record some things I am very proud that I accomplished over this period of time. I was able to help start and run a campaign to eventually get my high school drama teacher who spread the rumor that I called the cops at a cast party which ruined my social life at that school while stalking me and my friends and constantly trying to get me in compromising and damn disgusting and gross situations. His charm to his superiors and the gaslighting and abuse of students has been heavily weighing on me in a way I have yet to fully deal with. I spoke out in high school and was silenced, threatened, and made to feel unwelcome. Yet the internet and living in a whole separate continent does wonders for confidence. I helped create a petition, gathered testimonies, and launched this campaign with my friends

Rainy Night Writing

There is something quite different about writing when it is raining outside than when it isn't. I despise my frozen toes and fingers, yet I love drinking chocolate almond milk with banana bread. It seems almost enchanting, like creativity is plopping on your rooftop. Writing in the rain, so odd. Writing in the rain It is like laughing during a thunder cloud, in perfect harmony with nature, rhyming and paralleling the weather, writing in the rain, creativity pours from you, as you hear the pitter patter, you wonder where the drops will all go, writing in the rain, a clean slate to begin again, a downpour of ideas, soon to come again, I love writing in the rain.

Outfits of Late Winter, and Early Spring

I hope you liked them!