Skip to main content

Distracted Driving

This Saturday I had quite the experience.

I made a really big mistake that I said I wouldn't make before. But I did. It was not good.

So I thought I'd share my experience with the internet and tell my tale and maybe prevent a similar tale. Now I am just imagining a bunch of different animal tails....tails are weird....Anyways, this Saturday I was driving to my Therapy appointment to help me with my Pmdd. My first in a few months. I was driving by myself and I had never driven there before by myself.

In November I got my license!!! YAYAYA!!! I reached my goal!!!! In my picture I have really poofy purple hair.

I had google maps turned on but it wouldn't talk to me sometimes so I glanced at it to know where I was going. While I was driving. No no Hani no no.

And then I went for a bit like this and it was fine. It was a rainy day on the freeway though so not the best conditions. Then my phone told me to make a right turn after I exited the freeway and I went right back on the freeway! By that time I was late and lost. While I was driving I either fiddled with my phone for directions and called someone for directions. No no Hani no no.

I got back off the free way and as I was on my phone again I bumped into the car in front of me. I didn't know what to do and I was feeling stupid and so I reversed and went on my way. I kept driving then the car honked at me a bunch and told me to turn into a parking lot. I did and parked and they saw there was no damage and I apologized and they said I was supposed to turn into the driveway. Overall they were very nice about it. But if I could talk to them now I would apologize so much because what I did was very wrong.

What I did was I drove distracted.

After I had a little panic attack and cried a bunch and slept a bit in the car until my dad came and helped me get home. I didn't get to the appointment.

Before I had a situation where I was having a really intense conversation and I was distracted and I made an unsafe unprotected left.

This was number two. And hopefully number two will be it. It is up to me.

There is a more than 1% chance I will die in a car accident. That is a lot. 1 out of 99 people die in cars. I read that on a fact page demonstrating how being eaten by a shark is an irrational fear.

Before I made a list of things not to do in the car and I broke a few of those rules that day like eating and looking at my phone. Before I tried to make it a point to have my phone unreachable in the back seat. I am very very vigilant about distracted driving in regards to other people and have been to myself except for Saturday and another time before when I needed my phone for directions. That is just why I feel so stupid that I did this because I know it is so wrong and bad.

Now I want to make sure this never happens again.

How I will do it:
-Just don't do it!!!
-Put my phone in the backseat NO MATTER WHAT
-Pull over to look at my phone
-Pull over to look at directions
-Memorize the freeway exit
-Be prepared
-Pull over if I need to
-Leave extra time for mistakes
-Ask for help
-Know if I am ok to drive, if not ask someone

Any other tips for me???

I also bought a no texting ring and have signed this pledge:   http://www.itcanwait.com/pledge

I have made mistakes. I think I signed it before. But I am trying again.

Also check out itcanwait. It is really powerful.  I am remembering to forgive forgive forgive and change change change.

Hopefully this post can help.

Because this anger and frustration isn't helping necessarily.

Love you and #itcanwait

Hani

http://www.wikihow.com/Pay-Maximum-Attention-While-Driving

I like the video in this above article







Comments

  1. Oh, Hannah! Thank God that you are OK!!!! Thank you, God, for protecting my precious granddaughter Hannah. Your list of things to help you drive safer is very very good. You asked for more helpful hints. Here are mine:
    1. Love yourself exactly as you are. (You are perfectly wonderful!!!! And it's awesome that you can drive yourself places now.)
    2. Understand yourself exactly as you are: distractible at times and also a great problem solver!
    3. Ask yourself what would help you feel safest while driving? You have already made an excellent list of things you can do. Is there anything else? Is there something you could say to yourself to encourage you to stay safe? When I'm at the gym working out, I like to say "Strong! Strong!" What could you say to yourself to keep yourself focused while you're driving? Maybe "Focus! Focus!"?
    4. Could you make a promise to yourself to "Be Prepared" before you step into the car? What would it mean to be well prepared? Could you make a fabulous poster with pictures of what you need to do before driving hang them up in your room, just to remind you?
    Those are just some ideas. I know you will come up with lots more. I am so glad you are safe and sound. This little bump was probably the best wake-up call ever!! I Love You! Nana xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for making a comment. It should be published in the next couple days .Have a Happy day!

Popular posts from this blog

Taron Hensley is a Pedophile.

Nine months later I emerge with the hopes of being vaccinated soon. FUcking hell. What a trip. This pandemic is going to require a lot of processing in the future but for now, I want to share and record some things I am very proud that I accomplished over this period of time. I was able to help start and run a campaign to eventually get my high school drama teacher who spread the rumor that I called the cops at a cast party which ruined my social life at that school while stalking me and my friends and constantly trying to get me in compromising and damn disgusting and gross situations. His charm to his superiors and the gaslighting and abuse of students has been heavily weighing on me in a way I have yet to fully deal with. I spoke out in high school and was silenced, threatened, and made to feel unwelcome. Yet the internet and living in a whole separate continent does wonders for confidence. I helped create a petition, gathered testimonies, and launched this campaign with my friends

Rainy Night Writing

There is something quite different about writing when it is raining outside than when it isn't. I despise my frozen toes and fingers, yet I love drinking chocolate almond milk with banana bread. It seems almost enchanting, like creativity is plopping on your rooftop. Writing in the rain, so odd. Writing in the rain It is like laughing during a thunder cloud, in perfect harmony with nature, rhyming and paralleling the weather, writing in the rain, creativity pours from you, as you hear the pitter patter, you wonder where the drops will all go, writing in the rain, a clean slate to begin again, a downpour of ideas, soon to come again, I love writing in the rain.

Outfits of Late Winter, and Early Spring

I hope you liked them!