Skip to main content

A Poem about a love lost

I text
She calls
7 at night
"Come over here, the game is happening"
I say "I can't, tell me sooner next time, I have stuff to do"
I am busy
She is too
It is hard to make plans
I ask her if she is free this time and that
When I get no response
I send funny pictures
I miss her face
I miss her hugs
So I stalk her on facebook a bit

When I finally see her
Randomly at a lecture
We hold each other softly,
While she kisses my hand
I tell her how I tried to look her up
Creepy she tells me,
I was just curious

The next time there is a lull
I send her lots of pics
No response for four days
Did I scare her off?
She responds
"Please only send two at a time"
She says it is overwhelming
But I can see she has her phone
She snapchats other people
I wonder why I am not involved
I feel hurt and confused

I get back from camp
I expect to see many texts from her
Nothing except
"I was high during school"
Ok great
I told you, don't
send me things related to pot
I see pictures of her at parties.
She invited me to homecoming,
Then said never mind
And made other plans without me

I ask her if she wants to do this or that
but no response
I just want to have a balance
finding the balance between too many hellos
and a single goodbye
Is a challenging feat
I am sad that she doesn't respond to me

I have only known her for about a month
Am I more invested than she is?
Or maybe we just have different styles
I want to see her
Hold her
Kiss her
softly, slowly, and for a while
For now I text her once, wait a moment
And when she comments on instagram "Hey Babe"
I smile

The future may hold
things unknown
But this is all for learning
Living in limbo and not knowing doesn't have to be scary
Instead it can be a beautiful time to reflect and share feelings
I feel anxious and I feel scared and I just want to know what she's feeling
Friends have left me and people haven't cared
I don't want to have that happen again

She is so lovely
and I know she likes me
And she asked if I could be her bae
Someday soon I know she'll see me
And we can be together again
For now I wait
for perhaps a text
I may run to rehearsal and see her
But I won't pause my life
Maybe leave some room for seredipidous delights
and continue being a loving believer

Because somethings things go
just as you'd think
And others go away
In less than a blink
I want to hold on
I want to remember
I don't want to smother a dying ember
So give me strength and give me wisdom
So I can be a good girlfriend
And not create a schism
Between my beliefs and my actions
between my self respect and dignity
I will stay true and remember
I am worthy, I am powerful, and I deserve the best I can give me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taron Hensley is a Pedophile.

Nine months later I emerge with the hopes of being vaccinated soon. FUcking hell. What a trip. This pandemic is going to require a lot of processing in the future but for now, I want to share and record some things I am very proud that I accomplished over this period of time. I was able to help start and run a campaign to eventually get my high school drama teacher who spread the rumor that I called the cops at a cast party which ruined my social life at that school while stalking me and my friends and constantly trying to get me in compromising and damn disgusting and gross situations. His charm to his superiors and the gaslighting and abuse of students has been heavily weighing on me in a way I have yet to fully deal with. I spoke out in high school and was silenced, threatened, and made to feel unwelcome. Yet the internet and living in a whole separate continent does wonders for confidence. I helped create a petition, gathered testimonies, and launched this campaign with my friends

Rainy Night Writing

There is something quite different about writing when it is raining outside than when it isn't. I despise my frozen toes and fingers, yet I love drinking chocolate almond milk with banana bread. It seems almost enchanting, like creativity is plopping on your rooftop. Writing in the rain, so odd. Writing in the rain It is like laughing during a thunder cloud, in perfect harmony with nature, rhyming and paralleling the weather, writing in the rain, creativity pours from you, as you hear the pitter patter, you wonder where the drops will all go, writing in the rain, a clean slate to begin again, a downpour of ideas, soon to come again, I love writing in the rain.

Outfits of Late Winter, and Early Spring

I hope you liked them!